All parents are encouraged and welcome to join our ‘Friends Group’, which functions in a similar way to a Parents Association.
Its aims are:
- To assist the School in the provision of facilities/equipment in addition to that provided by the LA.
- To further develop good relationships between parents, staff and the community.
- To help with ideas and support social/fundraising events which take place throughout the year.
The Friend’s Group meets regularly.
The Headteacher, Staff and Governors appreciate the valuable help and support given by the parents.
In addition to the support of our Friends, we welcome help from parents, grandparents, relatives and friends in the following ways:
- In classrooms – sewing, helping with reading, literacy and numeracy games, helping with ICT, art activities etc.
- In school grounds – helping to improve the grounds.
- On visits and walk – providing additional supervision and support.
- After school – supporting extra curricular activities and clubs.
All volunteer helpers must have complete police checks before they can help in school.
If you’d like to know more about Friends of Mildmay or what we have planned please speak to Angela Raynal at the school office.